Saturday, October 09, 2004

The House

We've been working on the house today. Saturdays seem to be good for that anymore, not a whole lot else. Nathan wouldn't nap at grandma's house, so he fell asleep on the way home. That was a good thing, because he was screaming when we announced that it was time to go home.

The dining room and front entry are almost ready to paint. Jill had picked out green. Green for the living room and dining room and front entry. I hate green. She knew I hate green. It's actually worked out ok, though. With lighting on a certain way, it looks almost blue :) . Her dad sanded down the walls in the front entry after Jill had pulled all of the wallpaper out a few weeks ago. I worked on trim in the upstairs bathroom. The trim was the old stuff we had pulled out, but we never painted it, so now we have a beautiful white bathroom with a few pieces of yellow trim. Jill was standing in the bathroom when I came upstairs with another piece to put in. "Hmmm...this sure adds a nice touch." Yes, there was more than a touch of sarcasm in her voice as she said it. Anyway, I'm hoping to get a few pictures up on our website of our most recent progress. I think the last update was in August, so it's overdue. I did take the pictures, I just have to get them up. You can get to our site by hitting the link to My Profile. There's a link in the profile that will take you to our website.