Saturday, November 27, 2004

The Insanity Of It All

Today we decided to go for it and went shopping (yesterday we stayed home and got some work done around the house). Not only did we do that, we went all out and went to Woodfield Mall. Yes, THE Woodfield Mall. We started outside of the mall by going to Ikea. Wow, Swedes are bland. That store offers nothing but low prices. It has got to be the most boring store I've ever been in (would you like your furniture in white or bleach?).

After a break, we headed over to the mall. Jill's dad and I headed over to the Apple Store while Jill and her mom took the boys to wander around. When all was said and done, we walked out with a new iMac, an all in one printer, MS Office, .mac, and AppleCare. Of course, this is for Jill's dad. Her mom told him that she wanted to get him a computer for Christmas, but she'd only buy one if he got a Mac. It's amazing what happens when you sit someone down in front of a Mac. Jill's mom was convinced months ago that they needed one when I told her to use my computer and do whatever she wanted because she couldn't do any harm to it.

The nice thing was that I was able to land the education discount since I'm enrolled in a grad class next semester. I simply logged into the CU-Denver site where I had registered for the class and the salesman said, "Good enough." Since we saved some money, Jill's folks are letting me keep the .mac for my renewal next year.

We got home and set it up. Piece of cake. Now Jill's dad just has to get used to using it, but he'll definitely be enjoying it. Wireless mouse and keyboard, extra RAM, great system. It's good.

All in all, we had a good time, in spite of the crowds and the shear insanity of shopping at one of the world's largest malls on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. None of us went too crazy, even the boys did great!