Monday, December 13, 2004

PC Service

I'm not in business, but I do get an occassional call to service someone's pc. I've got two house calls to make this week. I am now generally telling people that I don't mind helping out, but their next computer needs to be a Mac, or I'll start charging to service that one. This week I'll be making a trip to my brother's house. My CD will include Adaware, Spybot, Firefox, Thunderbird...you know, all the stuff necessary to avoid Microsoft. He was thinking virus, but it sounds like a combination of virus and malware. Should be a great time slugging it out with another high quality Microsoft-based machine. WooHoo !

My father in law is now referring to his new iMac G5 as the BEST Christmas present EVER!! All these years he kept running back to the Microsoft trough, and now he has seen the light (actually, he was forced into the light by my mother in law)...and I don't mind going over to his house and getting on his computer! I don't even charge him to work on his new computer, I actually enjoy it. I actually think that my brother and his family are on board for a new Mac when they get their next computer. My old eMac 800 blew them away, and then they heard that they could get everything they wanted for under $800, and that blew them even further away. I'm looking forward to helping them get their next computer!