Wednesday, December 07, 2005

True Story

This morning I was in line at the gas station with a Mountain Dew in hand. The boys had been up a lot in the night and I had an early morning meeting. The lady at the front of the line was requesting more and more lottery tickets. The fellow in between us looked at her, then turned around and looked at me. He looked back and forth a couple times, implying that he was amazed at the lottery purchase he was observing. I'd just shrug when he'd look at me. When the damage was done, the cashier said, "That'll be $130, please." Now the man was about to start jumping up and down. After she left he walked up to the counter and said, "I can think of a lot better ways to spend $130! I'll take three packs of Menthol Lights." I nearly started to jump up and down!!