Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Long Day

My day has been an incredibly long one. After getting home from church at 10pm last night, I was up until 11:30 getting ready for a presentation first thing this morning. At 6:30 this morning I left the house to go to the office (yeah, the 1.5 block drive is a killer :) ). After finishing up a few things before my meeting, I headed over to the Grand Apartments for our long term planning committee meeting. I gave my presentation. It was my first ever Powerpoint attempt, and it went well. I started the actual ordering process for a new computer system for our office (yeah, I'm ordering a Mac for myself!). CDW has been great to deal with and it looks like we'll do pretty well and stay within budget. I ended the day at a lead meeting. Our community has a very high rate of children with elevated lead levels. I'll post specifically about that later. Jill and I went out for dinner. It wasn't anything spectacular, but it was just the two of us and we were actually together, something that's been rare this week. After getting home we played with the boys for a while and then got them to bed. That went well. We then went digging through receipts trying to reconcile our Lowe's bill. It turned out we were missing a credit, but we tossed a lot of very old receipts that we haven't had a chance to clear out. Jill hit the sack while I've been watching the BoSox smoke the Yanks (it just became 10-3 in the top of the ninth!) and was working on money stuff. I'll go to bed when the game is over.