Monday, December 27, 2004

Wendell's in Indonesia

A bunch of old friends of Wendell got an email the other day from him. If you've got access to our family pics, he's the bearded fellow sitting on the front porch with me and the boys. He's currently in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. If you follow the news at all, you know there's been an earthquake and huge sea surf hitting Indonesia. As far as I know, no one has heard from him yet, but the map I found shows that Yogyakarta is on the southern coast of Indonesia while the sea surf is hitting the north. I'm assuming that he's ok, based on that, but we'll find out in a few weeks. It's possible that even if all is well, he may not be able to get communication out from his current location. His email said he wouldn't have access to email from December 30 to January 3rd or so anyway, so I'd be surprised if anyone hears from him until after the new year has begun.