Thursday, January 13, 2005

The Innovator's Solution

I'm finally getting my Soundview Executive Book Summaries, and I'm thinking that this will be a good subscription to have. The first summary I received was The Innovator's Solution. It is awesome. The scary thing about these book summaries is that they may cause me to desirehttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif more books than I could possibly read, thus the summaries will have to do. Basically they are eight page summaries of various "important" business books. The Innovator's Solution is Clayton Christensen's follow up to The Innovator's Dilemma. I couldn't help but think of this in terms of Apple and Microsoft (see Fast Company's look at Microsoft in these terms here with thanks to Jordon Cooper for the link), but I think there are much more important things to think on for me. How does this apply to the Church, or should it apply to the Church? I'm thinking that this will be something I'll need to read a few times in order to digest it enough to form coherent thoughts on the subject. Ask me later for those thoughts. :)