Sunday, July 31, 2005

Delicious Software!

As long as I'm on the topic of software, let me introduce you to Delicious Monster! I had heard a little bit about this software, but never really paid any mind. After reading the article that I linked to in my previous post, I decided to check out the Delicious Monster website. I downloaded the trial. I will be buying this software!!! Yes, this is Mac only software, but if you have a large collection of music, or of books, or of movies, or of all three, this software is a MUST HAVE. I simply typed in the title and it pulled up all the data on that title (or titles that are similar) and added it to the "shelf." At a glance I can see all my music, or all my books, or whatever. Not only that, but I'm going to be giving the barcode scanning capability an attempt later this week. Apparently I can simply hook up our digital camcorder to the computer and use it as a scanner. No typing required to enter my media into the database. HOW COOL IS THAT?!? I can also see what other people recommend by selecting, say, a book and hitting the "Similar" tab. It automatically links in to Amazon and pulls up data on purchases that other people who have bought that book have made.

This bit of software alone is worth the purchase of a Mac for anyone who has a large media library! I'm amazed!