Thursday, October 14, 2004

Bush v. Kerry

I haven't stated much about the election (I dread the whole thing), but today I spent a little time at Bush's web site and Kerry's web site. They're pretty underwhelming to say the least. You can download Bush's 26 page plan for America and Kerry's 260+ page plan for America. Bush's plan is set up a bit like a Powerpoint presentation, Kerry's plan is set up like an easy to read book with larger than normal font size. Bush, as far as I saw, didn't mention Kerry at all (which I like), Kerry mentions Bush a lot (which I don't like). Advertising mavens say that you shouldn't worry about your competition in your ads if you're the leader, and Bush seems to have grasped that in his plan (ok, not in the debates, but at least it shows somewhere). Kerry missed that basic lesson in advertising. Anyway, I haven't gotten into them in any depth, but if I do, I'll keep you posted. BTW, when you get to Kerry's site, the opening page is simply for giving money or time. The link to get into his site is on the bottom right, and not too easy to see without looking hard. I was pretty confused by that whole page...if you want people to know where you stand, just put it out there, don't beg first!