Friday, October 15, 2004

Emergent Church

I've been reading some blogs by folks in the Emergent church movement (aka postmodern churches). There seems to be a lot of positives and a lot of questions. While I like a lot of what I read, I'm left wondering where the accountability is. There seems to be a growing divergence between Evangelicals under 40. The two directions seem to be old-school reformed theology and the emergent church. At least, that's what I'm seeing. It's not that the two can't work together, I just haven't seen anything online that points to them together. Of course, Rockford doesn't have an emergent church model in the works that I know of. I'd love to see what they look like combined. Anyway, if you're looking for a starting point on the emergent church, check out theOoze or the Next Wave.