Friday, October 22, 2004

Wow, what a couple of days!

The last couple of days have been doozies. My latest start was 7:30, but I also had to do a United Way presentation at 9pm, so it was a long day. I was hoping to take today off to work on our bathroom floor. I got one piece of the laminate flooring in, and spent almost half a day making final arrangements for the computer system we're getting at work (thanks to the United Way!). I went back and forth with Gateway and CDW and they ended up nearly identical. Too bad for Gateway that we have one of their computers sitting in our office letting out an occasional scream. CDW is actually a good deal for us as we can get everything we need, from HP desktops and a server, to a Mac (FOR ME!!) and internet security cameras.

After giving a presentation last night, I hit my small group this morning at 6, breakfast appointment at 7:15, and a stop by the office that lasted a little longer than expected and ended with me knowing that I'd be back in the afternoon. About 2pm I was back and got out in time to go see the eye doc at 4. It's been a long time, but no need to change prescriptions--woohoo! An evening of watching the kids in my near comatose state while the house was having some final touches applied. This week we hope to finish our payouts and be almost 100% complete.

All in all, I've barely had time to keep up with my regular web readings! Its tough missing As the Apple Turns!