Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Let It Snow!

On Thanksgiving Day, Nathan was quite upset because my folks house had a thin layer of snow on the ground. He wanted to know why we didn't have snow at our house. We reassured him that we would get snow, we just didn't get it yet.

Well, today we got it. We've gotten about 4" of snow so far. If you hit my MoBlog, you'd see a couple of pictures from my cellphone, including a great view of the evergreens surrounding our church. I'll try to get some shots first thing tomorrow and get them posted here. It's actually a beautiful snow. It's pretty heavy, so it's sticking to everything. Our chain link fence is almost solid white. The roads were pretty bad for a while, but I think I heard a plow go by a few minutes ago, and by the time I came home from church, the main roads were in relatively good shape.

At this point, the snow is still coming down. They expect it will be over by midnight, and with sun and temps up to about 40 tomorrow, it probably won't last long. The good news is that Nathan is VERY happy. He's looking forward to getting outside tomorrow and throwing some snowballs around!