Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Getting Late

It's closing in on 11:00, and we've got a crazy day tomorrow. We're still scheduled to close on our house at 9:30 and then we'll hit the road to Des Moines. Tonight we took the boys over to the other house for the first time since we moved. They were able to say goodbye to our neighbor. He's already been telling us how much he misses them. Now he's looking forward to the new family. He's hoping that, since they're Hispanic, they'll teach him Spanish. I was glad to hear that comment because his initial comment to me wasn't quite as positive (it wasn't mean, just stereotyped). Anyway, I'm off to bed so we can get finished with packing in the morning before the closing. Whew, it'll be crazy. I'm taking a borrowed laptop on the road with me, so we'll see how the bluetooth dial in on my phone works on the road! I'm hoping its cool, but it is a Windows 98 computer, so I'm not holding my breath. Either way, the hotel has high speed connections.