Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Great Lunch

I had a great lunch with Tom today. We've only spoken a couple times at church, but a mutual friend encouraged us to get together. Glad he did. Tom's got a great heart and love for our church, yet also shares some of my frustrations. Since he's only been at the church for a year or two, he's still learning his way around the "system." There's the formal system, and the informal one. I hate that. He had some great observations on how the family structures keep people from being open and vulnerable. I hadn't thought of the things he's observed, probably because I've been at the church much of my life, but he nailed it on the head with his points. It was good to spend time talking about solutions, too. I get sick of analyzing, so it's good to get to the possible instead of the current. Thanks Tom!