Friday, January 07, 2005

I'm Liberal?

This morning a co-worker came up and announced that I was speaking at the Unitarian Universalist church here in Rockford on Monday night. Turns out that Rockford Urban Ministries has a guest speaker by the same name that night. We had a lot of fun joking about that. Seems that I'm ordained and that I've "got a good idea of the pulse of the national peace organizations" and that I've "been arrested at the School of the Americas." Funny how someone is an expert on peace because they've been arrested at the School of Americas. Needless to say, we had a lot of laughs this morning.

The other part of the irony is that the Exec. Dir. of Rockford Urban Ministries has the same last name as I do and they rent office space from my company. Whenever we see each other we greet each other with an enthusiastic "Hello Mr. Campbell!" Today I saw him across the street and we called out our typical greeting. I then told him I heard I was speaking at his event Monday night. We got a good laugh out of that too!