Thursday, June 02, 2005

iPod in the Local Paper

Our local paper is doing an article on the iPod this weekend and they were asking for comments on their website. I sent in my comments, of course. Late yesterday I got home to an email asking for some additional info and a picture that was just a head/shoulders shot. If I didn't have a pic, I could go in and have one taken. I don't have a picture like that electronically, and I have a job, so I wasn't going to go in this morning to have my picture taken. The result? None of my comments will be used. That's fine, but it left me wondering why they are asking for comments in an electronic forum if they can only use them if a specific type of picture is included? Why don't they state that up front? I honestly felt like I wasted my time sending in my email and then answering the followup email. If they're just looking for proof that I'm a real person, let me send in a picture of my choosing, not a specific type of picture. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but it was a bit of a time waster. Guess I won't do that again.