Sunday, September 18, 2005

Honeymoon Over?

George thinks the Firefox honeymoon is over. Of course, that raises an interesting question. Since Mac OS X has been out for about 5 years, and still doesn't have many (if any) vulnerabilities, does that mean it is still in its honeymoon period? Or maybe, just maybe, it actually is more secure than its competitors. When, oh when will the honeymoon end? I know its not considered good protocol, but I'm still computing without any virus protection or any other system utilities designed to detect and deal with exploits. Why? Exactly. If I don't have anything to fear, why should I fear it? Of course, the first thing I do with a Windows machine is download security updates and virus updates. Can't imagine touching the internet on a Windows machine without all the latest updates. Pretty scary stuff for Windows users. Meanwhile, I'll stick with my honeymoon period!