Friday, October 07, 2005

Black Hats and the Mac

I posted this over on my on-again off-again blog that no one knows exists. It's one of those things that I figure I can fire up some day in the future when I actually have time to blog seriously. Until then, its a bit of a fun hobby.

The basic gist is that the Macintosh operating system is WAY more secure than Windows, but nothing is perfect, and there are bad people out there who are trying to compromise computers. The MacDevCenter at O'Reilly has posted a great article on how to protect your Mac from those bad people who want to use your credit card. It gives a bit of the background on how Black Hats work as well. Interesting read regardless of your computer platform because it gives an overall education that computer users need to pay attention to. The thing to remember is that there are NO rootkits available for Mac OS X, but even that doesn't mean perfect protection.