Monday, November 15, 2004

FHA Software

I was installing some FHA software this afternoon. It's actually made by another company, but it's for FHA-funded projects. I got it all installed and it ran fine. I then switched the computer's user over and it wouldn't run. Can you believe that they DESIGNED the software to require Administrator's privileges in order to run? Nothing like opening a computer up to Hack Attacks by requiring that anyone who uses the computer have administrator's privileges. I don't even run our Mac at home like that! I finally copied the software folder into the Shared folder and it somehow ran under both the Administrator and the other user. I was afraid I'd have to change the user over to having Administrator rights, and it was the computer I'm most fearful of giving that privilege to.