Sunday, November 14, 2004

Bears Today

I'm sitting here watching the Bears against the Titans. I don't know who will win, but I've just got to say that the officiating STINKS!!! They've called a clear interception by Urlacher an incomplete pass. That terrible call allowed the Titans to kick a field goal. Supposedly the Bears couldn't review the call because of the timing of the whistle, though the replay found the whistle occured very late in the play.

The Bears were able to appeal a call on a Titans interception where the interceptor obviously went down due to the Bears receiver, but the officials didn't rule him down. They overturned the call (like I said, it was obvious), so the ball was called down on the 4 instead of the 30 something.

Then, on the Titans second touchdown play, a Bears lineman was TACKLED right in front of the quarterback. Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't think that offensive linemen were allowed to tackle when they were blocking. Must've been a rule change this year .