Wednesday, January 19, 2005

County Lead Prevention Group

This afternoon we had our monthly meeting of the Winnebago County Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Council. Seems like we need a better name, eh? Anyway, it's a great group of folks who are passionate about the issue of lead poisoning. I'm thinking seriously about trying to create a website for the group on the side (you know, in all my free time). It'll be a good opportunity for me to try out the web creation stuff, and now that I'm a student (again), I can get Dreamweaver CHEAP! Apple's iWork may also be a good place to layout page designs, from what I can tell, so there are some good opportunities to try out some new ideas (or at least new software!). I did manage to escape the meeting without any homework, something I'm generally pretty good at since I've tried to lurk in the background, but haven't been too successful with the last couple meetings.