Sunday, March 06, 2005

OSU beats Illini!

While you might think it strange that in Illinois resident would be happy about Ohio State ending the U of I's undefeated season, the fact is that I am VERY happy. It's nothing against the Illini, it is simply that I am an OSU fan and I'm sick of my boss talking about the Illini. There's nothing worse than someone who never follows sports going off every day about a basketball team simply because they're an alumni. Wheaton College has had a top ranked football team for several years in a row now, but he would have never known it because I don't go on and on about it. NIU has had better football teams than U of I for the last couple years, but I don't go on and on about that either.

On Friday he was asked by another co-worker about the last game or two and he responded that they only had to beat Ohio State to be undefeated in the regular season, but they had already beaten them, and he even knew the score. I called out that I was wearing my red and gray rugby shirt, which I happened to have on that day. I was then told by another co-worker to call in sick if OSU beat Illini. Well, it happened, and not only am I going in to work tomorrow, I'm going to wear that red and gray shirt AGAIN!!! WOOHOO!!!