Saturday, March 26, 2005

Terri Schiavo

I haven't posted anything on this because I really haven't been following it. There are a couple of interesting posts on the subject from two popular Christian bloggers. Marla's post is more of a pondering, Anna's post juxtaposes two "life" issues and questions how we've gotten to this point. Makes me want to buy a rabbit as a fund raiser (now you've gotta follow the links!).

I will confess that I haven't followed the Schiavo situation because it does exactly what Anna says, it confronts me with realities that I really don't feel like dealing with right now. I think that is true for most people. I also question how many of the "facts" that people quote are actually true. Gossip has a way of turning questions (Do you think he's having an affair?) into "truth" (He's having an affair!). Personally, I don't have a clue as to what things are being stated truthfully and what are being stated to promote an agenda; I don't have the time to find out, either.

BTW, I found the comments at Marla's blog to be excellent and worth reading. The comments at Anna's blog were pretty much worthless, though I tend to agree with the European commentor that a pro-life position needs to deal with issues of war and gun control.