Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Folding@Home Progress

It's been a while since I've posted much of anything, especially when it comes to the Folding@Home Distributed Computing project. This last week I passed the 700,000 point mark. I had one of my best days ever yesterday. I expected today to be a real downer, as a result, but that hasn't happened! I should end up with over 2,600 points today, after pulling in nearly 4,000 points yesterday. Guess that makes up for the 1500 points I had on Sunday, right?

If you're not familiar with Folding@Home, its a project out of Stanford University that uses peoples' home computers to do research into how protein folding impacts various diseases such as cancer, alzheimers, Parkinsons, and AIDS. You can check out and join my team. I use and Fold under the name treadlightly. See you in the Fold!