Sunday, February 12, 2006

Picking Up Where I Left Off

Friday was the last day of the work week, and it was as crazy as the rest of it had been. My early morning start turned out well. I somehow managed to pass the AARP's certification exam for Reverse Mortgage counseling...barely. My understanding is that an 80% was necessary to pass. I got an 81%. Of course, I was told that the last time the test was offered in traditional paper and pencil style, only 50 out of 350 passed it, so I won't complain at all. I was happy to pass it on my first attempt. Apparently that's better than most!

Tomorrow kicks off a new work week. I'll be catching an early bus into Chicago. I have my first meeting as a member of the Community Investment Advisory Committee for the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago. I've spent much of this weekend reading the notebook that I received on Friday. Lots of stuff. I'll have a couple more meetings after that one, so I probably won't see the boys at all tomorrow.

Tuesday won't be much of a let up. A regular work day with the regular Tuesday night Homebuyer Education class to teach. I love doing it, but I'll be exhausted by the time the class rolls around. Of course, Jill and I will be having dinner out later in the week. Fortunately the rest of the week should turn out to be somewhat normal. Finally!