Friday, April 01, 2005

Very Interesting Request

I just received a phone call from the headquarters of my church's denomination asking if I'd be willing to edit a post I made back in October. It seems that a person who had spoken at my church is trying to take a low profile (I didn't ask for details, but I suspect he's in or going to be in Muslim countries at some point), and my post apparently gave a few more details about the person than he wanted to see (I think it just had his job title). It also happened to be in the top 15 sites if someone Googled this person's name. Anyway, it was easier to delete the post than go back and edit it, and the post was over 6 months old anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. Still, I was a bit surprised at the request.

For the Free Speech advocates out there, I know what you're thinking, and I don't care.